We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The Russian multiplication table is a practical way to teach children all the multiplication tables in one. What's more, in this way and thanks to this table, children will learn to multiply randomly. It is ideal to reinforce the memorization of the multiplication tables.
Guiainfantil.com offers you this colorful Russian multiplication table so that mathematics becomes a more fun subject for your children.
The Russian multiplication table It is a table with a lot of color, which helps children to focus on the numbers. With it, they will easily find the multiplication they want to remember. They just have to find the number they want to multiply by following the horizontal column and looking for the intersection with the vertical column. For example, if they want to multiply 8x6, they look for 8 in the horizontal column and 6 in the vertical. The place where they are, is the result, in this case, 48.
But, beware! This Russian multiplication table is used to review and consolidate what has been learned, not to always consult it and thus avoid memorizing all the multiplication tables.
However, Russian children do not learn multiplication tables by heart. They follow a different system, since is based on calculating doubles and halves. It is a bit more laborious and slow, but it works very well for them. In fact, there are some great Russian mathematicians. Do you know how they do it?
1. We give as an example a multiplication: 12x25.
2. They are calculated the halves of the smaller number and the double of the larger number. From the first number, the smallest (which is 12), the halves are calculated and written below the number in a column: 12-6-3-1 (if a number is odd, as is the case of 3, it is subtracted mentally 1 to make it even and its half is calculated).
3. Of the second number, the largest, which is 25, the doubles are calculated in one column, but only the same number of numbers that we have in the other column: 25-50-100-200 (We were given 4 numbers in the first column, so we should have 4 numbers in the second column).
4. The columns of the numbers that start with odd in the column of the halves are selected: in this case, only the first, third and last column, 25 in the first, 100 in the third and 200 in the last.
5. Now we add the selected numbers but only those of the double column. In this case, 100 and 200. The result gives us 300.
- Tricks with each table: Although the ideal is for children to learn the multiplication tables by heart, there are many tricks that can facilitate this learning. Each multiplication tab has a fascinating and fun trick. Some boards can even be learned by hand.
- Pythagorean Table: There is also another multiplication table similar to the Russian multiplication table, which is the Pythagorean table, where children can also consult a multiplication quickly.
- Songs: Surely you also learned a table singing it. It seems like a very old method, but remember that music and rhythmic songs help children to memorize.
You can read more articles similar to Russian table to teach children to multiply, in the On-site Learning category.